Friday, January 2, 2009

Starting the New Year Right

Well, the new year has begun and Janae and I started it right. We headed up to aspen grove to exercize our creative genius a bit. Sadly I think I strained mine. The snow was great and there was plenty of people up there to enjoy it. I had Dad's Nissan as we pulled into the parking lot, and all the men with their Ford Gigantor trucks gave us funny looks as they unloaded their snow mobiles from their trailers. I think that they felt that a little car had no buissiness being up in the mountains. (even though the roads were completly clear) ... but I digress.
We enjoyed walking through the snow and taking pictures of everything around us (i.e. each other) We even found some yellow snow and took pictures of that. By the end of the trip I was soaked and we were both very happy. I am happy I got to start the new year out with her. I Think that we look great together.
This was a fun shot that I took while Janae was trying to get some good landscape photos. This one is a particular favorite of mine. It was a complete coincidence that she happened to look up and smile just took this one.


So I wasn't the only one that would get stuck in the snow. At one point Janae got stuck too, so being the great gentleman that I am I took a picture and laughed...

Another of my favorites.





Yet another. It took her a few minutes to realize why I would stop, then run to catch up... he he...





10 comments:

Unknown said...

You got really nice pictures!!! Happy New Year to you nd your sweetheart!

Julie said...

nice.

I really don't like how your blog does the post comments-- is this a new thing? It never lets me post the first time.

SP said...

nice photos, nice trip. nice.

Jangs said...

testing one two three.

Rich said...

Ok hopefully this is a better way to post comments. Sorry, I am still new at this.

mo said...

Yep...definately a goner....but I approve. She looks like a keeper!

Jared Stubbs said...

Who is the dude bolting from the trees in the last picture?

Rich said...

NO idea.

Rich said...

NO idea.

michaelstubbs said...

I started the new year right by going to bed at 10pm the night before.